The SolarPower Summit, on 29 September in Brussels, is SolarPower Europe’s annual flagship event, that brings together over 300 industry representatives from all major energy players, as well as SMEs and a range of decision-makers from across the EU and beyond.
The event informs high-level political and business representatives about major strategic, political and market developments shaping the future of solar in Europe. The Summit is widely recognised as one of the most important energy events in Brussels.
The 2020 SolarPower Summit comes at a turning point for the European Union.
Climate change has been outlined as one of the top priorities for the new European Commission under the presidency of Ursula von der Leyen, who took office on 1 December 2019. On 11 December, she announced the details of her European Green Deal, the European Commission’s new growth strategy for the EU economy, people and planet. It outlines a commitment to achieve climate neutrality by 2050 and sets a path for an energy and economy-wide transition that is just and socially fair.
The Green Deal will reflect lessons learned from Europe’s 2020 climate and energy framework – to further the opportunities the energy transition brings: creating local jobs, supporting the competitiveness of EU businesses and securing Europe’s industrial leadership in solar and renewables.
The SolarPower Summit sets out to outline:
- Solar’s contribution to the Green Deal for European citizens, regions and industries
- How the EU can ensure the delivery of an ambitious, secure and just energy transition
- The role of the EU’s Clean Energy Package to reach climate and energy targets by 2030
Registration & Costs
- Member – Regular Conference ticket: 449 Euro
- Non-Member - Regular Conference ticket: 599 Euro
- VIP Conference ticket (FREE with a code): 599 Euro
- Student conference ticket: 100 Euro
- EU Policy-maker conference ticket: Free